Plan YOUR Work!

Work YOUR Plan!

Don't tell me where your priorities are.

Show me where you spend your money and I'll tell you what they are.

-James W. Frick

Monday, January 7, 2019

The Breakdown: Defeating That Pile of Billls

Breaking out of your funk can be intimidating.



In my last post, I outlined what needs to be done. I realized simply following those tips is way easier said than done. I realized this when thinking of my own situation. I'm intimidated. If I am, I know you are too. To lower some of that anxiety, I have decided to break down each step more. More information is always better than less. My hope is to let us all know...we got this!


I have been sitting looking at my pile of now opened, sorted, and written down bills and am feeling intimidated. I'll admit, this pile is scary. Knowing that everything in it needs my attention. Knowing that I owe money to each of those bills. It's all intimidating.

So, let's start at the beginning. Opening those bills.


Grab that pile and take a seat. Make piles. Trash. Bills. Other. That's all you have to do, first. Even if you know it is a bill, open it. Open everything.



Throw the trash out, that's probably a huge part of your pile. You have bills and other important mail left. If you aren't too overwhelmed (take a break if you are. Even if you come back to it a day or 2 later.) get a notebook (a notebook specifically for getting your finances back on track) to make notes on each bill. Write down how much you owe, contact information, any other important information. You can put them in order by when they are due or by how much you owe, but make sure you make a list that makes sense to you. This is the start of getting organized.



In your finances notebook is now a list of things you need to address. You have started your plan.

Next, we will look at your current spending to see where you can open up money to start attacking your financial mess.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment