There are a lot of people interested in buying people's sites. They would like to buy sites so that they can own established websites without having to do the work on their own, or they see profit potential on sites, and so on and so forth. A lot of people would love to sell their sites, too but don't know how. As a website broker, you can connect buyers and sellers to each other and take a percentage of the sale for making the introductions.
In order for you to become a website broker, here are some steps you can take:
* Create a website outlining the basics of what you do. As you get buyers and sellers interested, update the website with what buyers are looking for and what sellers have. Don't put seller's site details on your website, otherwise buyers can go around you to bypass your commission. Just put general details.
* Start finding people interested in buying or selling their sites. You can find these people by going on existing sites for buying and selling such as flippa.com, sitesell.com, or buysellwebsite.com. Even if people are already listed on one website, it doesn't mean they don't want additional help.
* Don't give out site details to buyers until you get them to sign paperwork saying that they won't go around you, sign a noncompete, and so forth.
* When a deal is made, collect a percentage of the profits. How much can I make out of being a website broker?
* You can make anywhere from $100 to the millions of dollars, depending on how valuable a site and/or domain is.