Over the weekend I took my puppy, Ms. Serenity, to the groomers for the first time. I found Perfectpaws Pet Grooming & Boarding on Google. I was looking for a groomer that focused on grooming, not someplace where they just hire someone who needs a job. I was pretty nervous because Serenity is anything but serene; she’s a 7 month old Yorkie/Maltese/Pomeranian mix who thinks she’s in charge at all times. I have never had a dog, of my own, that I actually took to a groomer so I didn’t really know what to expect.
Walking into this home-based business, there is a sense of comfort – even though various dogs can be heard from, I’m assuming, the basement. Serenity was at complete peace, which only happens when she’s asleep. Usually when I leave her sight she kirks out but I don’t even think she noticed me leaving (I could be wrong). Mrs. Sonia Love told me she would be done in about 2 hours – I was skeptical because I know my Serenity. Five minutes before 2pm Mrs. Love called informing me Serenity was ready.
Perfectpaws provides a grooming report card of your dog’s behavior, coat type and condition, and any comments. Serenity, surprisingly, got an A. Yay her first A!
Here is some information from the Perfectpaws website:
Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. Perfectpaws is a home based business owned and operated by Sonia Love. Sonia has experience with all sorts of pets including dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs and many more. She graduated from Maryland School of Dog Grooming in 1994 which she became a Certified Groomer and has been grooming dogs professionally ever since. Sonia is trained in pet first aid through the American Red Cross and is also a member of the National Dog Groomers Association of America.
Pet services include:
• Transportation to & from Veterinarian appointments, we also deliver pet food and supplies to your door
• Walks while boarding
• K9-Teeth Brushing
• Shampoos- Oatmeal, Medicated, Hypo-Allergenic, Flea & Tick, Facial Scrub, Colors (to enhance pet's natural color) & Milk Baths just to name a few
• Deshedding Treatment
• Administration of medicine while Boarding
• Grooming-Breed specific trim or the trim that the owner and groomer decided on
• Transportation to and from groomer
• Overnight and extended stays
• Flea & tick Treatments
• Nail care- trim, file, and polish
Perfectpaws offers a wide variety of packages, including:
• Spa Package Deals (yes, Spa Packages…)
• I'm so Itchy- Includes an Oatmeal or Medicated shampoo, moisturizing conditioner, teethbrushing and breath freshener.
Ultimate Pampered Pooch- This rich experience Includes Pearls Au Lait Milk Bath, Coat Conditioner, teethbrushing and breath freshener, facial scrub, and paws and nails massaged with paw cream.
• Exfoliating & Hydrating Treatment- Includes a Dandruff shampoo, hot oil treatment, teethbrushing and breath freshner.
• Flea Relief- Includes a instant-relief spray, medicated flea & tick bath, moisturizing conditioner, Spot on Flea & Tick treatment, and teethbrushing and breath freshener.
We offer a wide variety of grooming services, including:
• Full Grooming- This consists of two baths, ear cleaning/plucking (if needed), toe nail trim, glands expressed and the specific haircut to fit your dog.
• Bath & Brush- This consists of two baths, ear cleaning/plucking (if needed), toe nail trim, glands expressed and a good brush out.
• Color Enhancing Shampoo- This service is added to the full grooming or bath service. Enhancing Shampoos for dogs are specially formulated to enhance a pet's natural color and shine. Shampoos are designed to enhance the color of dogs with black, blonde, brunette and white coats.
• Hypo-Allergenic Shampoo- This service is added to the full grooming or bath service. They contain no pesticides and are ideal for pets with allergies or sensitive skin. The mild, tearless formula reduces tangles and leaves coats full of healthy shine without drying or irritating skin.
• Medicated Shampoo- This service is added to the full grooming or bath service and is recommended for your pet to help relieve dry, itching, or irritated skin.
• Milk Bath- This service is added to the full grooming or bath service. Au Lait Milk Bath Shampoo is enriched with milk proteins to soften and condition coats and for healthier skin.
• Spot on Flea & Tick Treatment- This service is added to the full grooming or bath service. This treatment kills and repels adult fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes for up to 30 days. This treatment also helps to prevent eggs from hatching.
• Flea & Tick Bath - This service is automatically done if we find or suspect fleas on a pet that has arrived for boarding or grooming. (This is at the owners expense)
It can also be requested, and added to a full grooming or bath service
• Anal Gland Treatment- The expression of your pets anal glands generally is a natural occurrence, but in the case that it is not, we will express them before their bath at no charge.
• Hot Oil Treatment- Your pet will love this treatment. Deep penetrating conditioning treatment moisturizes coat and replenishes the hair shaft with natural oils. It will help protect their skin from dryness, itching, and flaking.
• Facial Scrub- This service is added to the full grooming or bath service. Give your pet a pampering spa treatment Facial Scrub. The facial cleaner exfoliates, soothes, and hydrates while removing tear stains without stinging eyes.
• DeShedding Treatment- Does your pet have a shedding problem? This low shed shampoo followed by an deshedding solution will reduce shedding by 60%-80% which will improve skin health, promotes healthy hair growth, and adds elasticity to the hair shaft to reduce shedding.
• Moisturizing Paw Treatment- This service is added to the full grooming or bath service. Great protection for paws / pads in the winter and soothing relief in the summer. Luxurious spa-quality crème with rich shea butter helps to soothe and soften rough, sore, and cracked paws. Helps to protect against harsh road salt and hot pavement.
• Dremmel Nails- Don't like how your dogs nails are sharp after a nail trim? Get their nails dremmeled. It will leave their nails smoother.
• Paint Nails- Make your dog look as fancy as you do by getting their nails painted. Choose from colors we have here or bring your own color!
• Teeth Brushing- Have your pets teeth brushed to help get rid of bad breath, plaque, and tartar build up.
Next time, Serenity is going to try a spa package...lucky her!
To schedule your pet's grooming Contact Perfectpaws:
...And as always tell /em PF4TP sent you!