Plan YOUR Work!

Work YOUR Plan!

Don't tell me where your priorities are.

Show me where you spend your money and I'll tell you what they are.

-James W. Frick

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

21 Things That Will Change Your Life Forever

Life is hard! It's a fact. And we often make life harder by doing this that are counterproductive to what we say we want out of life. There is no fool proof plan or set of instructions to leading your best life, but open yourself to making these 21 things apart of your everyday life and see how much things seem to change for you...

I love this man! ET The Hip Hop Preacher is so motivational



1. Take Small Steps
A baby learns to crawl before it can walk, and it learns to walk before it can run.

Most people expect rapid life changes. If they’re wasting their time at a soul-sucking job, they expect success and fame within six months.

I’m not saying it isn’t possible, because it is, but in most cases it’s not going to happen.

People who need life changes now don’t realize that it’s not going to make them happy anyway.

All they want is their dream of a future without any problems. When they get there, reality sets in, so they set another goal.

And on it goes.

Take small steps. Enjoy the process, and have fun.

Those small steps will eventually evolve into quantum leaps.

2. Take Quantum Leaps
Something I’ve learned in life is that changes can happen in an instant. Old pains, fears, and negative emotions can vanish and be replaced by something more useful.

We don’t live in a black and white world.

Quantum leaps are tipping points.

As you keep taking one step at a time, you will eventually reach a tipping point where everything shifts.

The problem is that most people never get to those shifts. They take a few steps, complain, whine, and give up.

They stop drilling when they are about to hit gold.

3. Accept Where You Are
It has taken me a long time to realize that it is ok to be who I am. A lot of things about me may seem contradictory to the image I present, but these things make me who I am. Once I learned to embrace EVERY part of me things began to change.

My best friend and I joke that we are a different breed, but in reality we are. At least I know that I am. I have my great attributes and my not so great attributes; I have attributes that people have always made fun of me for such as reading, being shy, and helping others. But those things make me who I am and have in some way have made me be more successful and more driven.

Each day it gets better, and I’m okay with that.

Things come and go. People live and die. Your life feels good, and it feels bad. The more you accept this, the easier it is to change your life.

4. Be Patient
I have had this dream of finding something that I am passionate about and using it to help others, now that I have found it and am making progress I am learning to be more patient. A business doesn't start and grow overnight.

I stumbled a lot in the beginning. I make mistakes, I fail, and I give up in frustration more times than I’d like to admit.

I'm begining to see results as I became determined to succeed and focused.

There will always be problems. But they don’t have to clutter up your whole life.

Be patient with your progress.

You can change your life. Sometimes it just happens in its own time.

5. Forgive
We all have memories—painful memories.

What you may not realize is that the person hurting you with those memories is you.

You are the director of your mind. While the event may have happened in the past, it’s you who keeps playing them over and over again.

Reliving the past will get you nowhere. That’s why it’s essential to forgive and forget all those people in your memories.

When you do this, your life will begin to change. It takes a lot of energy to keep those memories running.

6. Heal
Healing yourself goes hand in hand with point #5. When you know that you can let go of past memories, fears, and obstacles, you become confident.

Most people aren’t ready for life changes. All they want to do is complain. They avoid any and all solutions, because they are comfortable where they are.

And that’s fine with me, but if you make that choice, you have no right to complain or make excuses.

You either choose to be where you are, or you choose to change your life. It’s always up to you.

7. Face Your Fears
When you face your fears, possibilities open up. I still have a slew of fears waiting to be faced, but I’ve come a long way since I started.

And that brings up another important point.

This is not about comparing yourself to someone else. This is about comparing yourself to you.

How much have you learned since last year? Have you moved forward? If the answer is yes, then you’re doing well.

8. Kill Your Excuses
Your excuses are mere illusions.

You may have excuses about why you can’t follow your passion and build an online business, but are they really true?

If you really wanted to, you could make those excuses disappear, and when you do, you know what’ll happen?

That’s right.

Your life will change, once again.

9. Take Responsibility
Since talking with more and more readers, clients, and people in general, I’ve started to notice a scary pattern.

That pattern is the lack of responsibility. I see people wanting to change their life, but they aren’t willing to take responsibility.

They wait for a white knight (or black, depending on your preference) to sweep in to save the day and make change effortless and comfortable.

I hate to burst your bubble, but it’s not going to happen. When you take responsibility for the life you’ve created, you can begin to move forward.

If you’re blaming someone else for your situation, you’re stuck.

10. Follow Your Heart
And what would an article of mine be without me telling you to follow your heart?

If you’ve been reading my articles, you know that I keep writing about following your heart, and there’s a reason it keeps popping up.

As I’ve been living my life, I’ve started listening to my heart more and more.

And when I say following and listening to your heart, I mean it in the broadest sense of the word. It can mean anything, such as following your gut, intuition, feelings, or going with the flow of life.

When you begin putting the pieces together, and taking responsibility, and healing yourself, you will naturally begin to follow your heart.

11. Follow Your Passion
If you drive up to a gas station, fill your car with the wrong kind of fuel, it won’t run very well, if at all.

That’s what most people are trying to do in life. They are listening to outside influences, and that’s when all the “shoulds” come in.

You want to do your research and know that there’s potential, but if you don’t do something you’re passionate about, your car will run out of fuel sooner or later.

It is your passion that will fuel your journey for the rest of your life.

12. Meditate
Ever had the experience of your mind racing out of control? It almost feels like you’re going crazy, doesn’t it?

A great way to calm yourself (and your mind) down is to meditate. Even five minutes of meditation can do wonders.

Did you know that a feeling can only stay in your body for about 90 seconds (chemically)? If it stays longer, you are doing something to maintain it.

You have to throw wood in the fire to keep it going.

Meditation is a great way to break that spell. So is exercise. So is eating. So is sex.

But I think one of the healthiest ways is to meditate and notice what’s going on.

13. Express Yourself
I find writing extremely therapeutic. It’s something I love to do. It calms me. It’s inspiring, and it infuses my life with serenity.

I highly recommend you take up journaling or just writing down your thoughts after every day. If you’ve tried to solve problems in your head, you know it doesn’t work. Your mind is too scattered for that.

You can have a conversation on paper, freewrite, and solve problems easily. It has the ability to change your life completely.

A great book on freewriting is Accidental Genius by Mark Levy.

14. Comfort Zone Kill
If you want to change your life in the most positive sense, get comfortable with being out of your comfort zone.

When you’re learning something new, you will bump into the walls of your comfort zone.

Your spirit wants to be free. It’s when you put yourself into a little box that it feels the need to rebel. You will start feeling bored, and restless.

You don’t have to suddenly infuse your life with discomfort. All you have to do is dip your toes from time to time.

15. Flow
Let’s face it. You don’t know what you want.

Sound harsh? Let me explain.

Most people think they know what they want. They make five and ten year plans, acting as if nothing will change during that time.

I’m on board with making plans and setting goals. But I don’t like rigidly sticking to them. You will miss opportunities if you do this.

In fact, you will miss life.

It’s like driving with all the windows painted black except the front window. You see where you’re going, but you miss everything else.

Accept that life brings you possibilities. You don’t always know where your life will go. If you go with the flow, it will take you where you need to be.

16. Focus
In order to change your life, you have to change your focus.

If you don’t take control of your mind, it will run amok. You will focus on the negative. You will imagine the worst possible scenario.

So, how do you focus?

You take it step-by-step. Meditate five minutes a day. Take a walk and notice how your body feels. Relax and stop stressing.

And when you do that, the way will open up.

17. Read
I love reading.

We live and die by stories. My life has changed several times by simply reading a book. I really need to compile a list of my favorite books into a post. Oh well, another time!

The stories you read have a profound effect on how you view the world. You can be stuck on a problem, and the solution can pop into your mind while you’re reading something completely unrelated.

Your mind does not work sequentially. You can be reading something, then something goes click, and your life changes forever.

And as you’re reading these very words, it causes you to think, doesn’t it?

In order for you to make sense out of the funny letters you see here, you have to go inside, and make sense out of it from your own map of the world.

Change is inevitable. It’s all about in what direction you’re changing.

18. Befriend the Unknown
You never know what you need. Remember point #15, going with the flow?

When you’re open to the unknown, which really is possibility, you accept that life may bring you something negative to teach you a positive lesson.

At one point I was looking up at the sky and asking “Why?”

And I’m not at all religious. But it helped me realize what’s truly important in life. It isn’t money, or material wealth, although those things can be nice.

You just never know what life will bring, so you might as well become curious.

How will the seemingly negative turn to positive in your life? What are they teaching you?

19. Reclaim Your Personal Power
Stop looking for others for approval. Just like taking responsibility (#9), you have to reclaim your personal power.

You know what to do. You can feel it. You just haven’t been listening to that inner voice til’ now.

It’s easy to give the decision to someone else, but it’s your life. The sooner you realize that, the more fun you will have.

What do you want to do right now?

If you don’t know, then start somewhere, because action will bring clarity.

20. Accept Failure
You will make mistakes.

And you won’t even know if they are mistakes when you make them, because mistakes and failures are skipping stones to success.

You only fail if you give up, so if you never give up, you can never fail, only learn, and grow.

21. You Are Always More
And above all, remember that you are always more than you think you are.

You are more than your problems, more than your fears, and more than your body.

It’s only when you focus on your problems and believe them to be you that you get into trouble.

So, remember to relax, because life is way too important to take seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment