Plan YOUR Work!

Work YOUR Plan!

Don't tell me where your priorities are.

Show me where you spend your money and I'll tell you what they are.

-James W. Frick

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Enjoy Your Summer and NOT Go Broke

With summer quickly approaching, I have decided this is going to me my most fun summer as an adult. There’s one problem with that plan, my funds are very limited. Well, that’s not going to stop me!

Photobucket

I have been racking my brain for ways to still be able to really enjoy summer, while have limited funds.

Well, I have come up with several options that I think I can live with. I can visit the many free museums in Washington, D.C., I can explore Neighborhoods in DC like Adams Morgan or Dupont Circle. I can take road trips with friends and share the expenses. I love being near water, so I can find parks and the many harbors in the DC area. I bought myself season tickets to the Washington Mystics (hopefully the biggest purchase of the summer) and am paying them off with a payment plan. I can spend time on my best friend’s rooftop deck grilling and partying. I can eat before going out to dinner with friends so I can order a smaller, cheaper, appetizer instead of paying more for a full meal. I can “pre-game” or drink before going out (and make sure to have a DD). These are some of the things I can up with. I am lucky to live in the DC area so I have more options like festivals and events that are offered for free than most people. This is when you can be adventurist and creative in coming up with fun, affordable things to do this summer.

Photobucket

Another way to still have fun this summer while that not going broke is to use companies like Groupon, Living Social, and Bloomspot to find deals on things might be going on in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment